Focus - The arrow of your life

 I think I've been working for too long, studying for too long. Maybe just hop on to some form of entertainment, and "recharge" myself.



This the the hook,line and clincher. Focus requires me to stay and concentrate without losing my attention. This is something I lack. No matter what I do, I distract myself very often, whether it be a new video, a topic I find interesting or a message. I drop my focus easily without any hesitation.

Introspecting, this has cost me a lot. Whether it be through lost grades, opportunities or just ways to improve myself.

I take the easy way out, and do not reach the potential I have. This does not mean I need to work more, but work efficiently. I need to manage my time better and focus better.

It's very easy to convince myself that I've worked enough to deserve a break. But this work came in 3 times the time I would've taken it if I focused. 

Time spent isn't proportional to success, it's focus.

Work, studies, family. If I have focus on it, it'll enrich my life better. Make me more grateful and humble for everything, rather than being obsessed about wasting my time thinking I'm using it well.

I remember dreaming of a snake that chased me around, inspite of all my successes. This is what I carry along, a debt snake that reminds me of the time I've wasted and the heights I have missed out.


Because I was lazy to act, and my focus lacking.


Keeping this here, to see how I improve on this. As of this post, I have hardly any improvement to show in spite of years of failing. And now I feel that it is high time I've acted on this. I've lost out on places and people because of this, and frankly I can't change this. But how I do continue is what I want to focus on.

Comments